Wednesday, November 10, 2010

oh, oh, Babushka, Babushka, Babushka, oh, oh


The whole time I was working on this set, that 1980s Kate Bush song would not leave me alone! It's in my head right now as I write this. I hope it goes away soon! Any hoo, this little set will be available for sale at Woolly Butts during the first week of December to raise funds (as usual) for the Kate Buntine Foundation arm of Juvenile Diabetes. The skirty soaker is knitted using 10ply WOOLganic yarn in the Woolly Butts colourway "Sing A Rainbow". The individual colours are so pretty. I enjoyed every stitch of this piece. I was disappointed that it pooled a bit, but it's really not that bad. The tee is a soft buttery yellow and the Babushka dolls are all hand appliqued, using silk thread .. even the tiny one on the neckline at the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment