Friday, November 12, 2010

Wol, the Psycho Penguin



It was a hot day yesterday -30 degrees- the first hot one of the season. I really HATE summer, so I turned the AC on & decided to do the embellishment on this soaker. It's one of Tanja's charts, but this is not what she had in mind when she created it! It's not supposed to look like a chubby biker penguin wearing a stack hat ~ it's supposed to be an owl. I was out on the stitch count & lost my place in the chart. After that it was all downhill to this crazy creation. Reminds me of the mad frog that was all the rage a few years ago...can't remember what it was called. I'm blaming this failure on the hot weather! It's hot again today and humid as all get-out. Big thunder storms are predicted and it sure feels like they are on the way. Time to batten down the animals and make sure they'll be safe during the storms. The Swap Meet is on this weekend. It's the biggest one in the Southern Hemisphere - so they tell us! It's either wet & muddy; or hot as Hades every year, no in-between. People come from all over the world to this swap meet and there are many thousands of extra people. It gets mad on the roads so the police always have a huge blitz on - doing roadworthy checks, etc. It's a good three days to stay at home. So I will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment