Saturday, June 4, 2011

New information to share

Dr Sue Shepherd and Dr Peter Gibson have just released a new book called "The Food Intolerance Management Plan". You can purchase it from: http://shepherdworks.com.au/shop/food-intolerance-management-plan
It's also available through book shops & other online resources.
The next Group Session relating to FODMAPS run by Shepherd Works ...
When? Wednesday June 22, 2011 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Where? 5 Arnold Street, Box Hill (Melbourne, Victoria)
Cost? $110 pp, but each registered participant may bring a guest at no extra cost, limited to 20 participants ... 40 maximum, counting guests. The session will be facilitated by Kim Menzies.
Dr Jaci Barrett is on Twitter, where she tweets about information from her research into Low FODMAPs. I find it very frustrating when an assumption is made that everyone who needs to desperately access the most up-to-date research, may not have the technological skills to do so. I am one of those people. For those of you more techno savvy, you can find her here: http://twitter.com/#!/FODMAPResearch
If this link doesn't work, click on the Twitter icon on the home page at dietsolutions: http://dietsolutions.net.au/
FYI, she has shared that garlic contains four times more fructans than onions do; and that tofu, which has been tested this year, is Low FODMAP.
Up-date: I contact Dr. Barrett about my concerns (above) and to her great credit she responded very quickly. She stated: "The majority of people following me on twitter are dietitians from around the world interested in my research and private practice setup. Again, I will direct them to my website for more details. I am really trying to use all avenues to share the information".

No comments:

Post a Comment