Saturday, July 2, 2011

What a handy little hot house

As well as the worm farm, I bought a 'mini growhouse' from Hume and Iser. It was reasonably priced ~ comes in a flat pack (which I hate!!), but it was dead easy to assemble. No tools required. It will be excellent to give seedlings a head start. I placed it against a brick wall where it will trap the late winter warmth. It has a good quality clear plastic cover; as well a second, heavier opaque cover to reduce the effects of a hot sun.
The front has two zips and a roll up section for easy access. The four shelves are made from light, square wire which will need to be treated with care as they will easily go out of shape & don't look as if they'd support heavy weights. They also need to be more securely connected to the primary frame IMO. The whole thing is heavy enough to withstand bad weather. I think it will be perfect for keeping small seedlings warm & healthy before they are transplanted into the bedding containers.
I don't do things by halves, do I?!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment