Saturday, July 2, 2011

I haz wormz



I was out & about earlier than usual today - getting worms. The worm farm I've had for years needed replacing, so I bought a new one. It's the same brand & set-up as the one I've had for yonks, but the design has definitely been improved. The legs are stronger and angled outwards. When the old one's layers were full of worms, their wee & compost, the legs weren't strong enough to hold the weight and splayed outwards, making the whole thing very unstable. This is a much more stable model. I only bought a box of 500 worms as I think they'll breed up nicely. The poor things were not very lively when I first transferred them out of their travelling accommodation into their new home. A couple of hours later they were looking much improved. I think they'll be more than happy with the compost, coir, cardboard and the few veggie peelings I've placed them in. Once they've 'settled in' they can earn their keep by converting our kitchen scraps into lovely wormy fertiliser.

No comments:

Post a Comment