Friday, April 8, 2011

My new best friend


Suffering at times from acute indigestion, bloating and wind I had been looking for something to alleviate the discomfort. Then I remembered that, immediately before a gastroscopy, the GI asked me to swallow some Infacol to break up any bubbles in my stomach. Why not I thought? It works for babies. The medicos obviously think it has a place in the management of GI procedures ... I'll give it a try. It works! I take 1/2 a syringe every time I feel that all-too-familiar painful wind trying to escape. No wonder babies cry so hard when they have colic. My GI told me that I can take as much as I need to; for as long as I need to. It's not addictive, it's safe to use. The active ingredient is surfactant, which breaks up the bubbles and helps to disperse them. It will make you 'burp' quite loudly ... but who cares? Better out, than in ... right? Infacol is sold by chemists, but I have also seen it in the baby products on supermarket shelves. It's around $AUD10 per 30mls bottle and lasts me 5-6 days.

1 comment: